The Hive's Journey

Starting a business sure ain't easy. Well, who said it was? Haha...I thought it would be nice idea to have the creation, the growth and happenings of The Hive archived and shared with everyone. It's like seeing a child grow and have a special affiliation with it. Happy reading and have a wonderful Journey with The Hive : The Backpackers' Hostel.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

The Reason

The 9th time I have attended the Commissioning Parade after my very own. Likely that this would be my last for the next 10mths.

I went back to Wingline and the feeling of being at home is still there. I went to the staircase outside the duty room where i would usually stand and stare blankly. Either that or i would be talking to my cadets or colleagues. Did the same pose i would usually do and Nizam took a picture of that. Memories locked forever.

Sat at the benches along the corridor. That was also where i would go when i was so stressed up with my work. I would sit there alone and someone will eventually end up sitting beside me. Be it my cadets or my colleagues or my boss. In the mornings after the runs with my boss, we would hang around the benches and chat. That place seems like a place where it creates an environment where there's no barrier, age or rank.
I went into the office i used to work in. It seems so big suddenly. The place where we were scolded, the place where me, Wille and Jas would sit there and bitch about everything, the place where i spent hours without sleep settling admin issues for our Taiwan trip, the place where my colleagues would come in and ask me out for meals, complain to me, rush me for certain things....that very place.

Sorry I had to keep talking about some other place when this blog is supposed to be dedicated to The Hive.

The Hive was set up because we wanted to retain the feelings i mentioned earlier. We were like a family. The Hive was meant to be another place we can call our own. Spend times like what we used to do. Hopefully it will be a place for 48/02, 52/03 and 56/04 to come together and do some catching up amongst their own batch.
That will be wonderful....wouldn't it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Spencer,

The video for the recent 56/04 OCC Comms Parade is at my blog at http://foxtrotwing.blogspot.com

Download it too..... anyway, it's basically the same old thing... same commands, same old march.

regards
Foxtrot Weixiong

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home