The Hive's Journey

Starting a business sure ain't easy. Well, who said it was? Haha...I thought it would be nice idea to have the creation, the growth and happenings of The Hive archived and shared with everyone. It's like seeing a child grow and have a special affiliation with it. Happy reading and have a wonderful Journey with The Hive : The Backpackers' Hostel.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Dreaming...Dreamy....

Remember the old man in his fifties i was telling you all about in the previous entry? He said he'll be back (definitely not the way Arnie sound in Terminator. His was slurred and weak) and usually I would not be bothered by such statements. So time came for me to go to bed. It was around 1+ in the morning.

The door bell rang. The door bell rang agian. For a while, i thought i was dreaming (I really thought i was dreaming! cos only the irritating tenant's daughter would ring the bell so late in the night but she came back already). I did not know how many times the bell rang before i opened my eyes (still insisting i was dreaming). When your eyes are opened and you hear the bell, it has to be for real!

I jumped out of my bed (and this must be a record speed cos i don't think i'd ever gotten out so fast. Not even during turnouts in the Army) and rush to the window. There i saw an old man, that old man reaching out to his handphone. I guess the next thing he was going to do is to try to call me on my mobile. He saw me at the window.

Still half awake, i went down to receive him. Did the processing and everything and decided to go back to sleep. He wanted a morning call @ 7am. When i went back to bed, i could not sleep although i was really tired. I was worried about the old man. He had to use a magnifying glass to read and looks like his legs would give way anytime so i think that would make anyone worried. Decided to check on him. Asked if he was ok, he said yes. Then he tried inserting a key for the locker. I saw that he was not using the correct key. He was using some other key he had on him. So i had to tell him that the locker key is the one with the yellow tag. Ok...everything should be ok now. I went back to bed. But not long after, i got up and went to see if he is still up. The lights were off. Great. He has settled down and i can get my sleep.

What a night....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home